Email to Case Premium:
- On the Email to Case Premium Inbound Configuration page, a new setting has been added to allow administrators to determine whether incoming attachments should be added as Files or Attachments.
- On the Email to Case Premium Outbound Configuration page, two new settings have been added to support Files.
- The "Display Existing Files From" setting determines whether Attachments, Files, or Both Attachments & Files should display in the existing section under attachments on the New Comment page.
- The "Insert New Outbound File As" setting determines which object new email attachments on the New Comment page will be inserted into, either Attachments or Files.
Case Merge Premium:
- An Enable Files Support setting has been added to query Files as well as Attachment records when loading the Hitlist Manager.
- A new option for the File object has been added to the Case Merge Premium settings page to allow for Files to be included in merge operations.
- A new option has been added to the Case Flags event rules to allow for Files added through a customer community / portal to set the flag.
Automatic Push Upgrade Schedule
- Files will now be automatically included on the page users are brought to after clicking the Split button on a case record, with no special configuration required. User can choose to delete the original file from the Case Split settings page.
|Application||Sandbox Push Upgrade||Production Push Upgrade|
|Case Merge Premium||September 14th, 2017||September 28th, 2017|
|Email to Case Premium||October 12, 2017||October 26, 2017|
|Case Flags||October 12, 2017||October 25, 2017|
|Case Split||October 12, 2017||October 24, 2017|
|Signature Slayer||October 12, 2017||October 24, 2017|
*Push upgrade schedule for remaining apps is to be determined.
For more information on the Files object and this change Salesforce is making, please see the following additional resources: