- Carefully review and follow the proper use and attribution of NPS® trademark requirements documented here: http://netpromotersystem.com/resources/trademarks-and-licensing.aspx
- Ensure that you are calculating your score correctly by following the formula documented here: http://netpromotersystem.com/resources/trademarks-and-licensing.aspx
- If any survey data is excluded or filtered, that should be noted. For example, if your published score is not based on real-time data, any date constraints should be noted.
- Indicate which of the 3 types of surveys your published Net Promoter Score (experience, relationship, or competitive benchmark) is derived from.
- Experience: a transactional survey taken after and about a specific experience including a purchase or customer service interaction.
- Relationship: surveys commonly sent in mass or on a cadence to all or a segment of customers that assesses the broader relationship between a customer and company.
- Competitive Benchmark: a survey requesting feedback from your customers and your competitors' customers.
- For details see http://netpromotersystem.com/about/three-types-of-scores.aspx
Net Promoter, NPS, and the NPS-related emoticons are registered service marks, and Net Promoter Score and Net Promoter System are service marks, of Bain & Company, Inc., Satmetrix Systems, Inc. and Fred Reichheld.