Customizing Case Level Flags with Workflow Rules and Field Updates
You can customize Case Flags at the Case level using Workflow Rules and Field Updates. For example, you could have different flag timings based on Case Priority or an associated Entitlement.
Four fields are provided on the Case object that can be manually or programmatically set with quantities of hours. When a Case is created, Case Flags will set the four fields with the values you specified in the Setup Wizard or with Account specific hours if any have been set for that particular Account. You can create a Workflow Rule with Field Updates on Case which when run, will supercede the default and Account specific hours.
1. Navigate to Setup | Create | Workflow & Approvals | Workflow Rules.
2. Click New Rule.
3. Select Case as the object and click Next.
4. Enter Rule Name: Escalate flag when priority high
5. Select created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria.
6. Enter the Rule Criteria, in this case Case: Priority EQUALS High.
7. Click Save and Next.
8. In the Add Workflow Action picklist, select New Field Update.
9. Enter a Name.
10. Select Field to Update.
11. Check Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change.
12. Enter a formula to update the Case Flag Age field.
For example, the following field update will make cases with a high priority escalate to a yellow flag in half the usual time: FLAGS__CaseTimeOffset2__c * 0.5
Note: As an alternative to cutting the usual time in half using the above-mentioned formula, you may also enter a specific number for the Formula.
14. Assuming that you've created the field update for Case Flags Age 2 Hours, repeat steps 9 – 13 for Case Flag Age Hours fields 3 & 4 .
Note: Case Flags Age 1 should be skipped as this should always contain a value of 0.
16. In Step 3 click Done.
17. Click the Activate button.
Please note: This KB article is provided as-is and customization using Workflow Rules is not supported. For further assistance, please contact your Salesforce administrator, Salesforce implementation partner, or your Internet Creations Account Executive to inquire about professional services.