Improved Survey Navigation
- Simple Survey now offers two new design themes, Light and Dark themes, which replace the previously offered design. [Change 00157981] (2.68 - 3.0)
- Selected theme will apply to both the survey email template and landing page.
- Theme style can be selected per each individual survey.
The following changes were made as part of [Change 00157981] (2.68 - 3.0)
Live Preview inside Survey Builder
- Simple Survey now displays one question at a time, allowing survey respondents to stay focused.
- Upon response to certain questions types (e.g. Picklist, Checkbox), survey respondents will be automatically directed to the next question.
- A progress bar for the Survey can be found at the bottom of the page.
The following changes were made as part of [Change 00173004] (2.68-3.0)
Other New Features
- Upon defining a logo, brand color, template language and other configurations, a live preview will be displayed directly within the Survey Builder.
- Live preview is available to both Email Template and Landing Page configurations.
- Note: The live preview feature currently does not apply for landing page questions.
Survey Insights (Open Beta)
- Users can now select specific Brand Color which will apply to multiple attributes of Email Template and Landing Page, such as the rating scale and other buttons displayed. [Change 00173004] (2.68-3.0)
- Simple Survey now offers a Survey Completion redirect feature, allowing survey takers to be redirected to a predetermined page upon submission. [Change 00169321] (2.68-3.0)
The following changes were made as part of [Change 00161484] (3.15)
Survey Insights provides a graphical means to explore customer feedback and compare trends.
Initial scores and picklist questions will display as charts. Text-based questions will display as a Word Cloud to visualize word frequency.
To filter your data, click into individual score / answer choice cells. For example in the image shown below, we've filtered into those survey respondents who provided a score of 7 -10.
Once these scores are selected, the following questions will adjust to show how (or if) those who responded with a score of 7-10 responded to the following questions.
Each question will display its chart or averages, as a well the number of times the question was answered or skipped.
A list of filters will display on the right side of the screen, serving as a reminder on what specific data has been fiiltered down.
For text-based questions, a Word Cloud will be used to indicate frequency of specific words used by your customers in survey responses.
- Larger words indicate a higher frequency of use, while smaller words indicate a lower frequency.
- The word cloud will adjust based on filters set for other survey questions.
- Stop words (such as The, A, I, Of, For) have been automatically excluded from word cloud results.